Thursday, June 30, 2005

News of the Day (June 30)

Communist China’s military worrying United States: The massive military buildup by Communist China is leading the Pentagon to try to determine “the right mix of weapons to deal with China's growing military power” (Bill Gertz, Washington Times). So far, the issue has become “‘the topic of much discussion and much dialogue’ as part of the congressionally-required Quadrennial Defense Review.”

Communist China could hit Taiwan, and soon: A number of analysts told Voice of America (via Newsmax) that “China is rapidly building up its military so that it will have the capability to attack Taiwan.” The Communists have plan to attack Taiwan anywhere from 2007 to 2012, and without U.S. support, the island democracy would fall quickly.

Ex-Pentagon official says Chen would have had asylum if he defected in U.S.: Dan Blumenthal, the Pentagon’s senior staffer on China, Taiwan and Mongolia from 2002-2004, told Australian television that Chen Yonglin “would probably already have been given asylum if the defection had happened in the U.S.” (Epoch Times). Blumenthal went on to say that the U.S. is “watching Australia’s relationship with China pretty closely.” Meanwhile, an Australian Senator ripped her government for being “gutless when it comes to standing up to human rights abuses in other countries” (Epoch Times). We repeat our call to grant Chen, his family, and Hao Fengjun asylum in the U.S.

Cadre who came in from the cold in Canada fears deportation: Han Guangsheng, another former Communist police official-turned-defector, fears being sent back to Communist China after a Canadian court refused to give him refugee status. The court cited Han’s persecution of Falun Gong practitioners – never mind that he defected so he wouldn’t have to do it anymore. The World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong “is working to intervene in support of Han’s appeal” (Epoch Times).

Amid debate on tariffs against Communist imports, opponents don’t get it: In their reaction to a bill calling for a tariff against Communist Chinese exports to the U.S. (second item), many of its opponents made the same mistake in their comments to Fox News: they assumed an argument against the bill was that a tariff would simply “raise U.S. imports from other low-cost sources of supply.” Given that those “low-cost sources of supply” aren’t building up their militaries for a future conflict with us, the import shift is a chief reason this corner supports the tariff, which comes before the Senate in July.

Lawyer hits Microsoft-on-Communism: Martin F. McMahon, an attorney in Washington, D.C., “has notified Microsoft Corporation that its practice of assisting the Chinese Communist government to restrict and monitor Internet usage is contrary to United States and United Nations laws” (Epoch Times). McMahon also noted Microsoft’s role in fighting internet restrictions in the United States, and asked “why your position in regards to freedom of speech on the Internet has changed so drastically since contracting with the PRC to censor speech” (see also second item).

European Union opens probe into Communist China shoe imports: The European Union officially opened an investigation into “an estimated sevenfold leap in China's imports since January 2005” (BBC) of shoes. Perhaps to grant the EU cover diplomatically, it also threw longtime Communist rival India under the microscope.

COSCO stock offering stumbles: The Communist-owned COSCO made its debut on Hong Kong’s stock market, and quickly fell 9% in value. One broker called the performance “a disaster for a major issue of this size” (BBC).

Even the Communists admit 300 million have no clean water: A cadre has admitted that pollution in Communist China has left “more than 300 million people without clean drinking water” (BBC). Other sources put the figure at 700 million (seventh item).

Commentary on Communist China: John Tamny has another terrible column in National Review Online; this one on Unocal is practically Kudlowesque. Xin Fei, Epoch Times, speaks to Li Qike, a former Communist colenol who insists there are many others like him still in the Communist military who can’t stand the Party. Chris Hogg, BBC, examines the political fallout inside and outside Taiwan from the proposed changes to the island democracy’s constitution.

39 comments:

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
spy gadget sale

Ayoye said...

I would like to invite you to look at thesespetites announce auto, for a way to reduce things found in our dump yards, any small action makes a bigger reactionpetites announce auto, it's time to look at a way to reduce our waste

jon said...

After we paid for our kids summer boot camp we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

Adam M said...

I was just blogging around and thought I would share a link to my site about real estate training seminar.

Get-A-Free-House said...

How would you like to own a custom-built house at a 42% to 100% discount? Find out how today by visiting Get-A-Free-House.com

PolarTrader said...

Great Blog, check out this business. This is the Goose that lays you Golden Eggs! card credit currency deposit e use
Submit your Articles and get lot of backlinks: http://articles.for-your-website.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Naka said...

Nice blog. Please check out my accredited degree health natural
site. It is all about accredited degree health natural
informations.

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog has some interesting topics in it. I also have one that pretty much talks about free classified ad site related stuff. You should take a look at it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a
commission currency e payment
site/blog. It pretty much covers commission currency e payment related stuff.

Come and check it out when you have the time and keep up with the great work on your site :-)

gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit michigan gas prices

See ya soon.. :)

FXGUY said...

Good job - interesting posts, lots to consider. My own interests concern forex platform and perhaps you might have an interest in checking out the subject of forex platform. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
real spy gadget

Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about forex training san antonio on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free forex training san antonio
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Very interesting blog You have about broker data forex.
If You really are interested in broker data forex please visit my site broker data forex
Here You will find a complete directory of this very interesting subject.

Anonymous said...

hey nice posts i added you to my bookmarks

Just wanted to say everything you posted was a good read.
Its nice too see that some people create decent and entertaining blogs, yours kept me reading for well over 10 minutes.

Thanks!

Kim said...

Hey, I really like the quality of your blog. Very interesting indeed!

I own a article submission related site. It is mostly about article submission information.

Come to see us when you get time.

Katrina said...

This blog keeps things interesting for me. I do performance appraisals all day and it's pretty boring. I've thought about adding a blog to my human resources and performance appraisals site. I may do it soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Very interesting blog.
I will make sure to come back often to this blog.
If You really are interested in funds investing mutual offshore I can strongly
recommend funds investing mutual offshore
Here You can find an almost comlete directory of this subject.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice blog on article publisher. It is always nice to locate an information source like this one. If you need some more resources, I invite you to our site which has lots of fresh information on article publisher . Thanks...

offshore platform foundation said...

Blogger, interesting post - News of the Day (June 30).

Personally, I've always found edison chouest offshore to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with edison chouest offshore.

If edison chouest offshore also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Appliance repair in san diego ca, for washers dryers dishwashers refrigerators stoves ovens and garbage disposals

Interad said...

Hi, I really like your blog. There is this outstanding website regarding history of korea. You better check it out some time.

offshore hedge funds said...

D.J. McGuire, interesting post - News of the Day (June 30).

Personally, I've always found offshore platform foundation to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with offshore platform foundation.

If offshore platform foundation also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for a place where I can learn more about forex, forex trading, online forex trading and improve my online profit. I will be keeping an eye on your blog as I liked it a lot. Another site I found with online forex trading resources is online forex trading

Anonymous said...

I'have just bookmarked you. Great site

I have a ebay auctions misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
eBay misspelled auctions

. said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a forex option blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Anonymous said...

I thought your blog visitors would like to see this currency electronic trading website:
currency electronic trading

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a on line stock trading blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Johnny said...

hello, your blog is interesting to read, I have a currency trading website, it is informative and provides many currency charts and real time currency quote. It should be helpful to your trading.

. said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a forex quote blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Interad said...

Hello, I am a korean visitor, good to see you.
I am sure that your blog page looks great to me which mean looking crowded so, I would like to let everybodies know korea information official site korea.net same as Dynamic korea - contains all about korea news and informations, please let me introducel this cool site. Dynamic korea offer korea travel, culture, food, arts and government info exactly what you want to knowfull house korea. You better check it out some time.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just browsing around the net for forex com and came across your blog. I've been trying to add as much info as I can about forex com on my site. But must admit I get a bit confused... there's just some many sites, tips, information ... you name about forex com it's hard to know where to begin!
I'm thinking of adding a forex com on my site, when I do, your all more that welcome to come a leave tips and help...

Until then take care!
Steward.

w t offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore company incorporation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! Keep up the great work, and I'll be sure to visit regularly.

I have a business leadership degree online related site, check it out if you get some time!

Look forward to reading more of your insightful post!

hsbc offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore hedge funds.

HFUNDATION said...

I with no reasonable doubt say that the info you provided above was right to the point as we all know it currency forex online trading can be very challenging and thus we should applaus to those that put in wore to provide us with all needed ideals and infomation. My self i`m very thankfull. You can get more ideals and info from my website currency forex online trading

HFUNDATION said...

For the first time today I took some time to look for infomation and related pages to this very topic. I also have a site related to this and I sometimes search in the blogs, looking for new article ideas. Today it was a joy to come across a real interesting post that you made. Thanks for this great blog asset estate management real

doer said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a forex system site. It pretty much covers Forex related stuff.

Ankita Kundu said...

I am
Stock Market Analyst
.
I visit different Stock Market related blogs and sites

regularly to get and creative usefulinformation. I liked your blog.I also regularly add

Highest Quality andProfit Making idea to

my sites
for the benefits of my clients and viewer.Visit my site 

http://www.financial-planning-retirement.com/StockResearch.html

to know "Essential tool on Stock Research" from
an experienced Investment Planner