Wednesday, August 31, 2005

News of the Day (August 31)

On Communist leader Hu Jintao: A Nine Commentaries forum in Washington, DC, heard sharply differing views on Hu Jintao. Epoch Times columnist Zhang Tianling came dangerously close to having the Ignorant Comment of the Day by holding out hope that Hu “could have his own choice,” and move away from the Chinese Communist Party. On the more realistic side was Wei Jingsheng, who addressed the forum by phone. Wei cited abundant evidence that Hu “is preparing for a war with Taiwan” (Epoch Times), which supports earlier reports of a planned Communist invasion of the island democracy by 2012. Meanwhile, Zheng Ming and Luo Bing (Epoch Times) detail Hu’s recent crackdown on dissent, and Alex Gnessin (Epoch Times also) reviews the issues likely to come up in Hu’s summit meeting with President Bush.

U.S. turning away Communist persecution victim? The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals denied an asylum request by Li Xiaodong, a Christian who escaped Communist China after being tortured for his beliefs (World Net Daily). Unless the decision is reversed, Li could follow in the bloody footsteps of Xiaoping Hu and Jiang Renzheng (fourth item).

Attacker of anti-CCP van in Australia is arrested: Police in New South Wales, Australia, arrested the unnamed man who was “caught on video tape damaging a vehicle that is a mobile ‘Quit the CCP (Chinese Communist Party)’ centre” (Epoch Times). The owner of the van, Grant Liu, suspects “links to the Chinese Consulate in Sydney.”

San Francisco Councilwoman gives in to Communists on art exhibit: San Francisco City Councilwomen Fiona Ma told Victor Yu, organizer of a Chinese art exhibit in the city, “that she withdrew her support due to pressure from the Chinese Communist government” (Epoch Times). The art is owned by Mei-Ling Dai, who has “been outspoken about the Chinese Communist government’s persecution of Falun Gong.”

Communist prosecutor sued in Denmark: Falun Gong practitioners in Denmark have filed lawsuit against the Jia Chunwang, Chief Prosecutor of Communist China, for “leading activities that persecute practitioners of Falun Gong in China” (Epoch Times).

Communists order 7,000 mines closed: Communist China has ordered 7,000 mines “to suspend production by the end of the year” (BBC) due to safety concerns. Mining has become very dangerous in Communist China, thanks in large part to the fact that the mine’s “owners” are local cadres who flout safety regulations (next to last item).

Communist China invites HK legislators to Beijing, just before shooting down vote: Communist China invited the entire city legislature “to tour the neighboring province of Guangdong next month” (Washington Post). The invitation extends to “pro-democracy lawmakers who have been banned from the mainland for more than a decade.” However, the move “appeared timed to soften the impact of a soon-to-be-released report in which Tsang is expected to reject popular demands for direct elections to choose the territory's next chief executive.” One country, one-and-a-half systems rolls on.

Ignorant Comment of the Day: Today’s winner is Harlan Ullman, Washington Times, who joins the folks calling on President Bush to make a deal with Stalinist North Korea on the latter’s nuclear weapons – largely on the latter’s terms. Will they never learn?

More commentary on Communist China:
The Epoch Times runs Chen Yonglin’s speech to a Chinese community meeting in Melbourne, Australia. Wu Fan, from the Alliance for a Democratic China, reveals the differences between Communist China’s real economy and the false one the Communists present to the world in the Epoch Times. Charles R. Smith, Newsmax, details the latest arms sales from Russia to Communist China. Donna Borak, United Press Int’l (via Washington Times), examines the fate of Communist textile talks with the European Union and the U.S.

35 comments:

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
aim spy tool

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

swissred said...

Really interesting adware post. I'm the webmaster of an adware anti norton virus website, feel free to grab info from there for your next posts.

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney World

The Answer Man said...

The ONLY Website in the World That Teaches You How to Order A Brand-New, Custom-Built Dream House, And Pay An Average 42% LESS Than You Could Sell It For On The Market. No Limit To House Size Or Location.

Click Here For More Information



Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders
Luxury Home Builders

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney World Tickets

WorldTrader said...

Great Blog, check out this business. This is the Goose that lays you Golden Eggs! currency e exchange training
Submit your Articles and get lot of backlinks: http://articles.for-your-website.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about natural health psoriasis
. It pretty much covers natural health psoriasis
related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a
currency e exchange training
site/blog. It pretty much covers currency e exchange training related stuff.

Come and check it out when you have the time and keep up with the great work on your site :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gold edge italian charm site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Bill888 said...

Good job - interesting posts, lots to consider. My own interests concern forex live chart and perhaps you might have an interest in checking out the subject of forex live chart. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney Cruise
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog Keep Up The Good work. I have a blog if your looking for computers digital cameras mp3 players dvd burners sotware. Your find all the best deals from the best stores on the net.

All Computer and Electronics shopping in one location

Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Need to know about telecommunications story or update, so visit my website **Telecom** site/blog. It pretty much covers Telecommunications Updates related stuff.

Have a nice day.
Otai

Gordon said...

Hello, your blog is informative . I have a website related tocurrency chart, so you can compare the currency rates of different time frames easily. Charts of major currency pairs can be found there, the site should be helpful to your forex trading.

Gordon said...

Hello, your blog is informative . I have a website related tocurrency rate chart, so you can compare the currency rates of different time frames easily. Charts of major currency pairs can be found there, the site should be helpful to your forex trading.

Greg said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this 100 computerbrat.com seo top site, it's pretty awesome too!

Anonymous said...

Hello, just happened to locate your blog on editor publisher. I wanted to say thank you for having an informative blog like this. If you have a chance, please drop by my site. We provide fresh resources on editor publisher. I will be sure and bookmark your site and return again. Thanks, Larry

Interad said...

Hi, I really like your blog. There is this outstanding website regarding korea tourism. You better check it out some time.

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for a place where I can learn more about forex, forex trading, online forex and improve my online profit. I will be keeping an eye on your blog as I liked it a lot. Another site I found with online forex resources is online forex

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your blog about business credit equity home line purpose and wanted you to know how well you presented the information. Excellent job! I have a website about business credit equity home line purpose so I know what I'm talking about when I say your information is top-notch. Keep up the great work - you're providing a real service to the Internet community.

. said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a add forex link blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Anonymous said...

I thought your blog visitors would like to see this currency newforextrading.com trading website:
currency newforextrading.com trading

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to visit again! Please feel free to visit my blog too at http://rushprnews.iuplog.com, RushPRnews Daily Gazette.
My site is ** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

Johnny said...

hello, your blog is interesting to read, I have a currency trading website, it is informative and provides many currency charts and real time currency quote. It should be helpful to your trading.

. said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a forex book blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Interad said...

Hello, I am a korean visitor, good to see you.
I am sure that your blog page looks great to me which mean looking crowded so, I would like to let everybodies know korea information official site korea.net same as Dynamic korea - contains all about korea news and informations, please let me introducel this cool site. Dynamic korea offer korea travel, culture, food, arts and government info exactly what you want to knowfull house korea. You better check it out some time.

Interad said...

Hello, I am a korean visitor, good to see you.
I am sure that your blog page looks great to me which mean looking crowded so, I would like to let everybodies know korea information official site korea.net same as Dynamic korea - contains all about korea news and informations, please let me introducel this cool site. Dynamic korea offer korea travel, culture, food, arts and government info exactly what you want to knowkorean restaurant new york. You better check it out some time.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just browsing around the net for forex guide and came across your blog. I've been trying to add as much info as I can about forex guide on my site. But must admit I get a bit confused... there's just some many sites, tips, information ... you name about forex guide it's hard to know where to begin!
I'm thinking of adding a forex guide on my site, when I do, your all more that welcome to come a leave tips and help...

Until then take care!
Steward.

Interad said...

Hello, I am a korean visitor, good to see you.
I am sure that your blog page looks great to me which mean looking crowded so, I would like to let everybodies know korea information official site korea.net same as Dynamic korea - contains all about korea news and informations, please let me introducel this cool site. Dynamic korea offer korea travel, culture, food, arts and government info exactly what you want to knowkorean restaurant. You better check it out some time.

Anonymous said...

I like the page you have here. Check mine out hard disk data recovery

Anonymous said...

I like the page you have here. Check mine out data recovery service los angeles

性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.性爱

Anonymous said...

Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams